Anyways, on Saturday I played 2 games with a list similar to what I used the week before.
- Colonel Vessery - Heavy Laser Cannon, Stealth Device
- Darth Vader - TIE X1 title (borrowed for the day), Fire Control System
- Omega Leader - Juke, Comm Relay
- Trandoshan Slaver - Gunner, Bossk, Tactician
- Laetin - Heavy Laser Cannon, Heavy Scyk, Stealth Device
- Kavil - Autoblaster Turret, Engine Upgrade, Veteran Instincts
In hindsight, should have stayed at range 2-3 and picked off the Autoblaster first, then closed on the Slaver and finally the Scyk. I probably should have also danced around a bit more and tried to get behind the slaver or the Scyk instead of closing in as soon as I could.
The second game was against a Rebel aces list
- Keyan - Push the Limit, Stealth Device, Advanced Sensors, Mangler Cannon?
- Jake Farrel - Push the Limit, Autothrusters
- Gemmer - A-Wing Test Pilot, Push the Limit, Autothrusters
On the other side of the map, Omega and Darth danced around Jake and Gemmer. My opponent made a few bad mistakes which put Vader behind Gemmer which quickly resulted in a dead A-Wing. Jake couldn't fight off the entirety of my squadron and was caught in the crosshairs of all 3 at one point which ended him pretty quick.
After those 2 games, I definitely need to get more practice. The list was also not quite doing it for me so back to the drawing board. Omega Leader did well and I'm thinking of bringing Omega Ace with Push the Limit instead of Vader for more guaranteed hits. Vessery was good, but not great, but that could be because of how I flew.
For now I am thinking of the following
- Krassis Trelix - Heavy Laser Cannon, Agent Kallus
- Omega Ace - Push the Limit, Hull Upgrade
- Omega Leader - Juke, Comm Relay, Hull Upgrade
The TIE F/O aces should also be pretty reliable for plinking away at any range which should hopefully let Krassis just blast away at hull points.
The other list I was thinking of using is
- Krassis Trelix - Heavy Laser Cannon, Agent Kallus, Hull Upgrade
- Mauler Mithel - Veteran Instincts
- Scourge - Veteran Instincts
- Wampa - Targeting Computer
I'll have to get a few games in this weekend to test both lists and if I can't, I'll try out the Mark 13 AI program I ran into a few days ago. Practice is always good before a tournament.