Monday, August 8, 2011

'Ard Boyz 2011

Kind of last minute but one of the stores decided to host the 'Ard Boyz prelims this weekend and I am hoping to go with my Dark Angels. No time to practice with a list or the scenarios so I don't think I'll do very well, but at the very least it's free.

Anyways, here's the list. It's very Deathwing-centric but with the updates that's not so bad.


HQ
Belial - Lightning Claws

Troops
Deathwing Squad 1 - 1 LC, 1 TH&SS, 1 Apothecary, 1 HF & PF, 1 SB & CF
Deathwing Squad 2 - 1 TH&SS, 1 Cyclone, 1 SB&CF
Deathwing Squad 3 - 1 TH&SS, 1 Cyclone, 1 SB&CF
Deathwing Squad 4 - 1 TH&SS, 1 Cyclone, 1 SB&CF

Fast Attack
1 Ravenwing Speeder - MM & Typhoon
1 Ravenwing Speeder - MM & Typhoon
3 Ravenwing Bikes - 2 MG, AB w/MM, MB

Heavy Support
2 Land Raiders
1 Land Raider Crusader

Elite
Venerable Dreadnought - AC & HF
Venerable Dreadnought - MM & HF

The only thing I'm not sure about are the two dreadnoughts. Their both short-ranged and have no drop pod so will have to walk a fair bit. Mind you they are venerable so could be quite hard to take down. If anything I would replace one of them with an Interrogator-Chaplain in terminator armour to go with Belial so his squad has an effective 11 wounds (with FNP that squad would be hard to take down without a lot of AP2 weapoins) and would be quite devastating in an assault (especially coming out of the crusader). My alternative is to arm them both with lascannons which might not be a bad idea either. Most heavy weapons will probably try to shoot down the typhoons (fast missiles are annoying) or the land raiders (which take a lot of firepower before they are brought down) so the dreads should be fine even without venerable.

The list should be versatile enough for everything that gets thrown at it. Lots of missiles for transports, fair amount of lascannons for monstrous creatures and medium tanks, fair amount of multi-meltas for heavy tanks and a lot of powerfists for assault.

2 comments:

  1. id drop the HF on the dreads and give them auto cannons, that will solve the short range and give more light AT

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had the autocannon arms to give them. I'd love both of them to be Autocannon/Missile launcher dreadnoughts now that I think about it but I don't have the arms and not sure if I can scratch-build them in time.

    Maybe I should make both of them assault cannon dreads. Gives me more volume of fire and although shorter ranged than the autocannon has more armour penetration ability. I could pair it with a missile launcher as well (kind of lessens the dreads assault ability though but I can still tarpit smaller units)

    I think I have enough light AT though given there are 5 double-shot missile launchers, 4 twin-linked lascannons and if absolutely necessary 4 multi-meltas. Should be able to smoke one or two transports a turn without too much difficulty.

    ReplyDelete