Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tournament Results

Store tournament was this past weekend and I took the list from my previous post to it.

Escaped with a 2-1-1 record.  EDIT:  Apparently this was good enough for 2nd place (out of 8) after taking soft scores into account.  Either that shows the intense level of competition in that no one escaped with a perfect record, or the soft scores factored in quite predominantly.

Game 1 vs Necrons - Win
- First time playing Necrons in an annihilation mission.  The player didn't take a super-nasty list so I was able to pull out a win.  He seemed surprised that my terminator squads could weather two squads worth of firepower.  I told him after the game that he should dedicate twice that if he wants to bring down a terminator squad with regular anti-infantry guns (I did the math once and it requires a ridiculous amount of wounds to reliably kill a squad of terminators in one round of shooting)

Game 2 vs Grey Knights - Loss
- First time playing Grey Knights.  It was Capture & Control and I think the only reason I lost was his grand master and grey knight terminators were able to assault my Deathwing.  I grounded their ride, but they were still close enough.  Those 4 guys tore through all 15 of my terminators without too much trouble (initiative S6 power weapons and the grand master with a 2+ ward save really sucked).  By the time I killed them I had no troops left.  His shooting took down the land speeders so couldn't contest in my last turn.

Game 3 vs. Daemons - Draw
- First time playing Daemons.  Sieze Ground with 4 objectives.  12 blood crushers, blood thirster and 3 soul grinders.  My shooting was enough to nullify the blood thirster and soul grinders but those blood crushers annihilated my terminators (made the mistake of disembarking from the land raider a turn too early).  Forced a draw by killing all of his horrors and contesting the one objective from the one horror I couldn't kill.

Game 4 vs. Chaos - Win
- Nothing really of note, his vehicles were rendered useless for the most part by my shooting.  He had a vindicator that was pretty ineffective and a land raider of berserkers that spent 2 turns shooting at my land raider.  His rhinos and the squishy squads inside were his downfall.  Easy KPs for my rockets and terminators.

Next 40k tournament should be in July and I think I'll bring a more competitive list.  The lists that were present were much more competitive than I expected (probably because everyone was from out of town).  Time to go and paint some more terminators.

No comments:

Post a Comment