Friday, June 4, 2010

1500 point Tournament Army Lists

At the end of June I'm hoping to attend a tournament at the 1500 points level. Nothing too big, about 16 people are projected to attend.

I've got two lists I'm thinking of testing out.


1st list - Dark Angels
-HQ-
Belial - lightning claws - 130

-Troops-
Deathwing Squad 1 - Heavy Flamer, 1 w/ TH & SS, 1 w/ 2 LCs, 1 w/ Chainfist - 225
Deathwing Squad 2 - Cyclone Missile Launcher, 1 w/ Chainfist, Apothecary - 270
5 man Tactical Squad - Flamer, Rhino w/ extra storm bolter - 135
5 man Tactical Squad - Flamer, Rhino - 130

-Fast Attack-
Land Speeder - MM, HF - 75
Land Speeder - MM, Typhoon - 75
Land Speeder - MM, Typhoon - 75

-Heavy Support-
Land Raider Crusader - 250
Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon sponsons, extra storm bolter - 135

Lots of vehicles, good close combat, lots of shooting (mostly anti-infantry, but enough anti-tank) and very mobile. The threat of the land raider carrying a scoring terminator squad should mean that my opponent's anti-tank will be directed towards it for most of the game. The rhinos can tankshock things and flame them afterwards (kind of reminds me of the NOD flame tanks from the Command & Conquer games from way back) while the land speeders and predator can engage targets of opportunity. Kind of small at only 28 models.

2nd list - Dark Angels as Space Wolves
-HQ-
Logan Grimnar – 275
Rune Priest – Terminator Armour, Chooser of the Slain, Combi-flamer, Living Lightning, Storm Caller - 135

-Troops-
5 Grey Hunters – Flamer, Razorback w/ assault cannon – 150
5 Grey Hunters – Flamer, Razorback w/ assault cannon – 150
5 Wolfguard – 4 w/ Bolters, 1 Terminator w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm bolter, Chainfist – 150 points
5 Wolfguard – 1 Terminator w/ Heavy Flamer, Powerfist, 1 Terminator w/ 2 Wolf Claws, 2 w/ Combi-flamers, 1 w/ Combi-plasma – 180
Land Raider Crusader – Multi-Melta – 260

-Fast Attack-
Land Speeder - Typhoon, Multi-Melta – 100
Land Speeder - Typhoon, Multi-Melta – 100

Not as many terminators as my previous list (meaning not as many powerfists), but is a lot more shooty and can be a lot deadlier in close combat (mostly because of Logan). Way more shooting with those new and improved typhoons and cyclone. Not as many fearless models but I do get a psyker with some cool psychic powers. The rune priest's powers seem standard fair for an unknown environment so I think I'll keep them that way (maybe swap Stormcaller for Jaws?). Slightly smaller than the last list at 27 models, but arguably more powerful considering Logan and the rune priest add a bunch of extra powers.

Now this is all made from models that I have already painted and based. If I have time to paint my Ravenwing attack quads, I would replace the land speeders in the 2nd list with a unit of Thunderwolf cavalry (I think I can fit 3 of them with gear for 200 points)

2 comments:

  1. The DA list seems short on ranged power. Just the Pred and 1 cyclone. Also, everything is meched up except the one DW unit. I can see it as a good objective camper, but a Tactical Combat Squad would be a lot cheaper and just as good for holding an objective in your back field. Then you can fit in Razorbacks, Dreads or another Pred.

    The SW list is just the DA with fur. Not making good use of Logan if you take GH. I'd go the shootier route with cyclone teams (4 PAWG, 1 WGT w/ cyclone, spam away) and TWC in support.

    Of the two, I think the SW one looks better by virtue of not being a terrible Codex :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points about both.

    Regarding the DA list, I'd end up playing it more aggressively given all the relatively short ranged firepower it is packing. Even the non-meched cyclone squad I'd use aggressively with a mid-field deep strike. Could run into problems, I suppose, with an assault army like the Blood Angels as I would have at best 2 turns to shoot them before we're engaged in one giant melee.

    The SW list, yeah I should use WG with cyclones to make the best use of Logan. Just requires me to paint a few missile launchers and finish up the attack quads.

    ReplyDelete