Saturday, May 15, 2010

3rd Place at 'Ard Boyz in PG!

I played at 'Ard Boyz as hosted by Great White Entertainment in Prince George and managed to get 3rd place.  The competition I have to say wasn't as cutthroat as it could have been but fun and competitive regardless.  Pictures and reports will follow shortly but my final list and the outcomes are below.

My list was as follows (again slightly different from the final one I last posted)

Belial - Lightning Claws

Deathwing Squad 1 - Assault Cannon, Chainfist
Deathwing Squad 2 - Assault Cannon, Chainfist, 1 TH & SS
Deathwing Squad 3 - HF, Chainfist, 1 TH & SS, 1 LC
Deathwing Squad 4 - Cyclone, Chainfist, Apothecary
Tactical Squad - Missile Launcher, Flamer, Powerfist in Drop Pod

Land Speeder Squadron - 3 Multi-Meltas, 1 Typhoon, 1 Heavy Flamer

Land Raider
Land Raider Crusader
Devastator Squad - 4 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Lascannons

Dreadnought - Heavy Flamer, Lascannons

Game 1 vs. Blood Angels - Draw
 - The army was a mixed list with Dante and Seth, no real theme.

Game 2 vs. Mech Eldar - Minor Loss but I got 2 extra bonus points
 - 4 Wave serpents, 2 Falcons and a Fire prism, and two jetbike councils.
 - Lots of dancing around but I managed to get into combat with his seer councils and beat them down.
 - I killed the Fire Prism cause it got immobilized and I powerfisted it, other than that no tanks were killed.

Game 3 vs. Space Marines - Massacre with 4 extra bonus points
 - The list was totally on foot and I managed to get my Deathwing into combat and just basically rolled his line.
 - I ended up tabling him for the loss of my tactical squad.

More detailed reports will follow.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on placing.

    How did you find your list doing? Anything you'd change now after the experience? I ask because I have a similar DW-centric hybrid army and it's always nice to see what others have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from changing to a completely different list? (As much as I like my Dark Angels, they really don't seem to do as well as other books)

    The only thing I might change would be to swap one of my assault cannons for a cyclone in one of my Deathwing squads for better turn 1 firepower (or just swap all my heavy weapons for cyclones)

    The godhammer land raider I might replace with another devastator squad as I found those guys quite useful or replace the land raider with two more dreads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the Loganwing is veery tempting.

    My DA I stuck with the assault cannons for now, mostly because I have AC/LC Preds, Speeders and Dreads (maybe Razors) helping out at range. The cyclone might be a better by though, if only for the range.

    Ka-followed btw, nice reads.

    ReplyDelete